Beach 2016

Beach 2016

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Time...


We headed out this morning to my business group meeting, which I did not have child care for, and was really going to tell the them in person I would need to take the fall off from the group. It is a great group and I enjoy going but with trying to slow us down, all 3 kids needing childcare, and home schooling I needed to let this go, at least for now. We did manage to get home, eat an early lunch and start school by 11:30, a small miracle.

I find myself struggling with the time issue...when a subject takes 10 minutes I don't think that is good enough and the longer we go sometimes the harder it is to keep Adam's attention. In sharing this with my friend, Sandi, she let me off the hook, "sometimes subjects do only take a few minutes and not to worry so much about that." I know that our school day will be much shorter than a regular school day but how much we should do each day is still something to figure out. My focus continues to be on Adam's attitude and getting the easy things done quickly so when harder things come we will have more time to work. As for Ryan he did much better today having fewer interruptions and being more patient for Adam to finish school. I am anxious to get to the point where Adam can be working on some assignments so Ryan and I can work one on one. Emily was a jewel again today! She must be saving up for some unruly days to come, but for now we are just thankful she is a happy content baby!!

Tonight was a good night, dinner was fun, a cleaning race between me and the boys, and then off to bed BEFORE daddy left for poker night (always a goal of mine). Adam and Ryan cleaned the basement while I cleaned the sun room. We needed to get the toys picked up for our Bible Study tomorrow morning. It was fun and always makes it easier for me if that is done before they go to sleep! I got to catch up with some friends on the phone tonight and now hopefully will be able to head off to bed! Thank you Lord for this day and for helping me to remember that these days will be gone in the blink of an eye!!

No comments:

Post a Comment