Beach 2016

Beach 2016

Thursday, September 9, 2010

What a day...


Today was another new day for us...we started off slow and steady and I was feeling good about all the things we were getting done. You see I host a women's Bible study at my house on Thursday mornings at 9:30, the milk man (yes we have a milk man) comes around 9, and Ryan now has to be at pre-school at 9 a.m. Like I said it I was feeling good about the start of the day...everything around the house was pretty much done about 8:10 but then something happened and my time starts disappearing...and all of a sudden it was 8:30, I guess I should hop in the shower now. Once I am in the shower of course my milk man comes (earlier than usual)...Adam manages to get the order form for me I fill it out (after getting out of shower) and then he takes it back to Jeff. Then the race is on...I got dressed quickly, dry my hair for 2 min, grab my make-up bag and off we go.

With Bible study starting at 9:30 we need to get to pre-school and get right home! We are heading down Main Street when I begin to put on my make-up...I know this is not the best idea but sometimes it has to be done. So at the 1st red stoplight, avoiding eye contact with the Salem Police Officer sitting next to me at the light, I begin to quickly put on my eyeliner, or at least what I thought was eyeliner (more on that later) and so on. It is a quick process and I only applied at red stoplights, which I was hitting a lot of! We get to pre-school, Ryan tells me he is not going to cry and is not scared to go to class. Awesome!! He walks right in only to find out we forgot to bring his show and tell! I was bummed and I knew he would be too...but it is only the 2nd day so we will have plenty more days to bring back Obi One:)!!

Back home we go...a friend at Bible study asked if something was wrong with my eye, it look red to her. I told her I had just probably rubbed it and that no nothing was wrong. Fast forward to the end of the day and upon looking in the mirror as I go to wash my face I realize I put my lip liner on my eyes this morning!! I guess that is my own fault for putting make-up on in the car. I laughed even after my long day and figured if only one person noticed it couldn't have been too bad or maybe no one else wanted to say something who knows!!

After Bible study ended at 11:30 I quickly packed up a lunch for us and we were off again now heading back to pick Ryan up from pre-school by 12:00. We stayed at the school playground for a picnic lunch with friends. It was a beautiful day and the kids had a blast, especially Emily in the swing, pictured above. After the playground and heading home we began school. It was a little different since we didn't begin until 3:00. We started with Bible and he managed to knock out his 2nd memory verse, 1 Peter 4:10 "As each one has received a gift, minister it to one another." We also had another first today...Adam says "I wish we had not decided to home school", this was after looking at his handwriting book and feeling like it was too simple for him. I assured him that practice and review of things you already know is apart of learning whether you are at home or at school. We finished after handwriting with reading and comprehension and then called it a day. We will just need a few weeks to get into a groove.

After dinner tonight Todd went off to the basement to play football with the boys and Emily watched from her saucer while I made some popcorn. The boys then took a break, had popcorn and drinks while watching some football on T.V. Finally Todd got the boys ready for bed and tucked them in while I fed Emily and put her to bed. Another day done!

1 comment:

  1. I am really enjoying learning about your days. Our lives are so busy and I wish we had more time to fill each other in, but for now, I am happy with your blog posts. I will place you on our nightly prayer list. It sounds like you are a bit overwhelmed and have your hands full. Is there anyone who could take Ryan to school for you? Maybe Todd? This was a pure blessing to me and my family last year when Donna brought Ty to school. Just a suggestion. Keep up the good yet hard work. Just like you said, home schooling does NOT have to be a permanent thing. LOVE YA

    ReplyDelete