Beach 2016

Beach 2016

Thursday, January 3, 2013

New Year's Resolutions...

Well it is that time of year and we all make grand plans of what we are going to do or not do in the new year!!  I know why I feel drawn to this "tradition" because it just feels like a new start, a do over, a clean slate...so here goes the 1st of the resolutions...MEAL PLANNING!!  I'm sure this is a unique idea to some and a no brainer to others but for us we have always been a day by day dinner planning family!  As the family has grown and more people to please I decided it was time to start a new tradition! 

So I had the older boys (Adam, 9 & Ryan, 6) sit down and make a list of 14 meals (they like or didn't like) but it had to be 14...they were given permission to put pizza and subs down without even thinking...and those were #1 Pizza, #2 Subs...we know these are things we get fairly regularly anyway so why not just mark them down!  So off we go...using this list I have completed a months worth of "planned" meals. 


This effort is to help us plan ahead, watch money a little bit, &  hopefully make for some better use of our family time at night.  I'm also posting the calendar of meals...not sure how much interest this really is...but it is what we are trying therefore what I will write about!!  Any other good meal suggestions are welcomed!!

One true confession to start off with a truly clean slate...we were supposed to have Spaghetti & Meatballs on Wed the 2nd (tonight)BUT...got an email from Outback about a FREE Bloomin’ Onion®...I changed up the plan & we dropped kids off at the in-laws & had a last minute date night!  We did eat entirely for FREE with gift cards from Christmas so I don't feel any guilt!! 


I have many other fun family events to share...but you have to start somewhere...so stay tuned as over the next few months I'll "travel" back in time and fill in all the missing events of 2011 & 2012!  I guess this is the 2nd of the New Year's Resolutions...catch up the blog!! 

1 comment:

  1. It's good to see you back in the blogging world. Planning our menu is always rough too! I usually start planning our meal 30 minutes before dinner time. It's a tad stressful and forces me to be creative.

    ReplyDelete