Beach 2016

Beach 2016

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Saying Goodbye...Henry W. Lovelace, Jr.

My uncle Henry "Boy" Lovelace passed away in April of 2011. He was Adam's namesake and a very dear part of my mother's family. Uncle Boy as we knew him most of our lives was a wonderful man who served our country in WWII. He was one of the surviving soldiers that helped President George W. Bush dedicate the D-Day Memorial in Bedford, VA.

He was loved by my mother & he adored her! He was the 4th child & had 4 sisters 3 older and 1 younger, which is how he got the name "Boy"! I probably didn't know his real name until I was in my twenty's!

It was a sad day because it brought up so many memories of mom! Everyone at the service commented on much they missed her still! I took some pictures of the grave site as well as of Granny's house, his mother, my great grandmother!




















































I pray that he is in heaven with Mom & Jesus rejoicing...








No comments:

Post a Comment